Wedgetail Eagles - Birds of Prey - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Eagles and other birds of prey.
Raise awareness of the king of the skies, the eagles, and the other bird of prey species, with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
How can you help eagles and other birds of prey on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in areas where eagles are often sighted on roads with signage
* Eagles are opportunist feeders and will feed on road carrion (roadkill). This is where the eagle becomes the next victim if we don't slow down as eagles cannot take flight quickly from the ground. They need time to take flight.
* Toot your horn and slow your speed, let them know you are coming.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may be on the road, such as roadkill.
* Look up - overhanging branches, some birds of prey like eagles will use these as a lookout to scan the roads for an easy meal.
* If possible and is safe to do so, please remove any roadkill several metres off the roads to help protect our eagles and other wild species that feed on it. Keeping disposable gloves in your car really helps with this.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations. You can make a game of it too, who is the first one to spot the wildlife first? Who has the keen eyesight in your vehicle?