Platypus - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Platypus!
Yes, platypus need signs too. They are known to walk across paddocks, pathways, and roads to access other waterways.
Raise awareness of Australias unique little mate, the platypus with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium-term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
Did you know? platypus are one of the very venomous mammals in the world and its closest relative is the echidna.
Platypus lay eggs, but feed their young milk that is licked off the mother skin or fur.
Platypus will walk over land, but they walk on the knuckles of their feet to protect the webbing of their feet. That's a big effort to do that - here are some ways you can help the platypus get to its destination quickly.
How can you help platypus on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in echidna areas with signage
* With habitat fragmented by roads, the creation of dams in river systems and even trees falling and blocking waterways, platypus need to cross roads and pathways.
* Don't block the pathway of the platypus, let it keep going to get to its destination.
* Slow down in platypus areas, slower speeds give us more time to see platypus and react to help it get safely off the road.
* Platypus be seen on the roads in daylight and dark.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations. You can make a game of it too, who is the first one to spot the wildlife first? Who has the keen eyesight in your vehicle?