Penguins - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Penguins!
Raise awareness of the worlds smallest penguin with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
Little Penguin Information
The Little Penguin isn't just the worlds smallest penguin, but it is also the only penguin with blue and white feathers. Little Penguins spend about 80% of their time in the ocean and only come ashore when it is time to moult, breed and raise chicks. They come to shore at night and can walk or waddle in the case of a penguin a couple of kilometres inland to their burrows.
This is when penguins and vehicles meet.
How can you help little penguins on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in little penguin areas with signage
* With habitat fragmented by roads little penguins need to cross the roads.
* Little Penguins are really hard to see at night due to the dark colours on their back and flippers.
* Slow down in little penguin areas, slower speeds give us more time to see the penguins and react to help them get safely off the road.
* Little Penguins are active on the ground/roads at night mostly at dusk and again just before dawn.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations. You can make a game of it too, who is the first one to spot the wildlife first? Who has the keen eyesight in your vehicle?