Lyrebirds - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Lyrebirds!
Lyrebirds, the masters of mimicry. These incredible birds have been known to mimic other bird calls, dog barks, chainsaws, car engines, and even the click of a camera!
Did you know there are only 2 species of lyrebird? Just 2!
Raise awareness of lyrebirds with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium-term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
How can you help lyrebirds on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in lyrebird habitat areas with signage
* Lyrebirds live in rainforest areas of Victoria, New South Wales, southeast Queensland, and Tasmania.
* With habitat being fragmented by roads, means lyrebirds need to cross the roads.
* Slow down in lyrebird areas, slower speeds give us more time to see the birds and react to help them get safely off the road.
* Lyrebirds are primarily ground-dwelling birds.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* Look for movement on the roadsides. Lyrebirds blend in with their surroundings really well and may dart across the roads. Lyrebirds are very fast runners.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations. You can make a game of it too, who is the first one to spot the wildlife first? Who has the keen eyesight in your vehicle?