Koalas - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Koalas!
Koalas - do they really need an introduction? No, not really, but they do need us to understand them more on the roads. Tips on how to avoid koalas are below.
Raise awareness of our lovable koala mates with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium-term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
How can you help koalas on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in koala areas with signage
* With habitat being fragmented by roads and clearing of habitat, koalas need to cross the roads.
* Slow down in koala areas, slower speeds give us more time to see the koala and react to help it get safely off the road.
* Koalas are more active on the ground/roads at night.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* look for eyeshine - some animals have eyes that shine in the dark like reflectors when light hits them.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations. You can make a game of it too, who is the first one to spot the wildlife first? Who has the keen eyesight in your vehicle?