Kangaroos - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Watch Out! for Kangaroos!
Raise awareness of our kangaroo and wallaby mates with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc.
Did you know there are 51 species of macropods in Australia? Macropod means - big foot and kangaroos certainly live up to their name.
Kangaroos find vehicles a challenge to avoid, just like find them a challenge to avoid on the roads. Awareness of kangaroos in an area is the best form of defense roos and drivers have of avoiding a collision.
Tips to avoid colliding with a kangaroo:
* Avoid driving at dawn and dusk when roos are most active - but be aware they are active all times of the day and night.
* Kangaroos can't see past the light from our headlights, drop your high beams and slow down as much as safely possible to give the kangaroo/s time to move off the road.
* Slower speeds obviously give us more time to see and react to kangaroos or anything else that may be on the roads.
* Roads cut through the kangaroo's shelter and food areas, the kangaroos need to cross roads.
* Always look for other kangaroos that may be in the darkness (and most of the time do) follow the one you saw and will dart in front of your vehicle.