Cassowary - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Raise awareness with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc. Corflute safety signs are commonly fixed to timber or chain wire hoarding fences and internal locations around building sites. The corflute used is 5mm thick and has UV resilient digitally printed graphics applied.
With these Cassowary signs, drivers can be made aware of these amazing and endangered birds presence. The cassowary is an important gardener to the rainforests of Queensland.
The Cassowary is a large, flightless bird, with a tall helmet or casque on its head. These huge birds can grow to 2metres tall and weigh up to 76kg. Cassowaries prefer fallen fruit but will eat small vertebrates, invertebrates, fungi, carrion, and plants. Over 238 species of plants have been recorded in the southern cassowary diet!
Let's all be Cass-o-wary on the roads.
How can you help Cassowaries on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in cassowary areas with signage
* With habitat being fragmented by roads and clearing of habitat, cassowaries need to cross the roads.
* Slow down in areas where cassowaries live, slower speeds give us more time to see the birds and react to help it get safely off the road.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations.