Brushtail Possum - Please Drive Slowly SignRegular price $9.95
Raise awareness with these and other signs for wildlife on your property, laneways, parks, campgrounds, urban and rural roads – the list is endless!
Made of high-quality UV digitally printed graphics here in Australia on corflute.
Made in Australia
Size: 225mm x 300mm (8.85 inches x 11 inches)
Corflute is a corrugated polypropylene that is ideal for short to medium term outdoor use on buildings and fences etc. Corflute safety signs are commonly fixed to timber or chain wire hoarding fences and internal locations around building sites. The corflute used is 5mm thick and has UV resilient digitally printed graphics applied.
Did you know there are over 30 species of possums in Australia? That's a lot of possums!
Possums are nocturnal and most of the time the possums that are generally seen by most people are the brushtail possum and the ringtail possum. These particular possums are very well suited to living in urban environments as well as their bushland habitats.
How can you help possums on the roads?
* Raise the awareness to drivers in possum areas with signage
* With habitat being fragmented by roads and clearing of habitat, possums need to cross the roads.
* Slow down in bushland and even in urban areas, slower speeds give us more time to see the possum and react to help it get safely off the road.
* Possums are more active on the ground/roads at night.
* Scan the road ahead and the sides of the roads for anything that may move in front of your vehicle.
* look for eyeshine - some animals have eyes that shine in the dark like reflectors when light hits them.
* Ask your passenger/s to help you look for wildlife - more eyes looking is better for everyone to safely get to their destinations.