Australian Menagerie™ Board Game - Tropical Rainforest Add OnRegular price $9.90
Designed to compliment your Australian Menagerie game with additional animals, habitats and more players.
Rugged mountains with fast-flowing rivers and spectacular waterfalls rise abruptly from the sandy beaches, rocky headlands and mangrove forests that form the interface between the ocean and the rainforest on Queensland's north east coast.
The mountains catch passing clouds causing heavy rain to fall for much of the year. The combination of heavy rain and high temperatures creates an ideal environment for plants to grow and the coastal slopes and lowlands are renown for their diversity of vegetation.
Among the lush forests of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area (approx 894000 ha) between Cooktown and Townsville there are at least 483 species of plants that are considered rare or threatened. Tall trees, ferns, palms, orchids, vines, moss and fungi live together in rainforest communities. The tallest plants use their branches and leaves to reach out and catch the sunlight leaving only subdued light for the plants
growing on the forest floor.
The diversity of rainforest vegetation, in turn, supports a rich diversity of animals. The nutrient rich, damp, warm environment provides the ideal living conditions for many invertebrates, birds, reptiles, amphibians and mammals.
Animals Living In This Habitat
- Cairns Birdwing Butterfly
- Striped Possum
How to play with your Menagerie™ ADD-ON Habitat:
- Place an ADD-ON Habitat next to each Australian Menagerie™ nature reserve.
- Shuffle the ADD-ON Habitat animal cards into the deck and deal one extra card to each player for every additional ADD-ON Habitat you are using. So, if you are playing with one ADD-ON Habitat deal nine cards to each player.
- Use the additional Management Strategy Card and Threat Card as per the standard game of Menagerie™.
- Threats from the standard game impact on the animals in the ADD-ON Habitat. Equally the threat in your ADD-ON Habitat pack can impact on animals in all other habitats.
- lf you have no animals in your ADD-ON Habitat at the end of a round subtract five points from your score just as you would with the other habitats.
If you have purchased an ADD-ON Habitat with your game of Menagerie™ we suggest you learn the standard game first and include the ADD-ON Habitat later.